The aim of the project is to provide practical solution so as to help closing the gap between industry needs/expectations and educational system outputs, in relation Industry 4.0 in the target countries.
The objectives of the project are to:
- develop new specialized curricula and an innovative MSc programme on Industry 4.0 thus helping build the capacity of the partner countries’(PC) HEIs, improve the level of competences and skills offered, and address the existing absence of a similar programme.
- establish viable synergies and links with the regional industry (and in particular to the Manufacturing. Agriculture/Aquaculture and Health sectors) in order to address their needs in Industry 4.0 –ready personnel, training needs and enhance the employability of graduates.
- reinforce the infrastructure of the PC HEIs by establishing Industry 4.0 Laboratories (I4Ls) that will act as foci for research and innovation in the area thus ensuring that Industry 4.0 education will remain high in the regional priorities agenda for a long time after the project has been completed.
- reinforce the capacity of the PC HEIs by training their academic staff in the new courses and appropriate delivery methods. This will be achieved by developing a training VLE to support the PC HEIs’ academic staff during and after the project.
- stimulate greater human connectivity through the exchange of students and staff, which is enabled through global and regional networks, and consortium of higher education institutions.
promote cooperation, exchange of know-how and good practices in the subject area between European Union and PC HEIs.